Because Your Technology Skills Can Drive The Privacy Culture
The CIPT credential shows you’ve got the knowledge to build your organization’s privacy structures from the ground up. With regulators worldwide calling for tech professionals to factor data privacy into their products and services, the job market for privacy-trained IT pros has never been stronger.
Do you work in IT, security, or engineering? The CIPT is for you. How about privacy by design, software engineering, data management or audit? Ditto.
Whether you work in the public or private sector, data privacy skills are quickly becoming a must-have—and that’s a great opportunity for you.
Certified Information Privacy Technologist
The “how” of privacy and technology, and why you need it.
The CIPT is the first and only certification of its kind worldwide. It was launched by the IAPP in 2014 to meet the growing need that only tech pros can fill—securing data privacy at all stages of IT product and service lifecycles.
The IAPP’s certifications in privacy and data protection law and practice have plugged thousands of professionals into the information economy. Now technology pros like you can take privacy knowledge—and your career—to a higher level.
What You'll Learn
- Critical privacy concepts and practices that impact IT
- Consumer privacy expectations and responsibility
- How to bake privacy into early stages of IT products and services for cost control, accuracy and speed-to-market
- How to establish privacy practices for data collection and transfer
- How to preempt privacy issues in the Internet of Things
- How to factor privacy into data classification and emerging tech such as cloud computing, facial recognition and surveillance
- How to communicate privacy issues with partners such as management, development, marketing and legal.
Like all of our certifications, the CIPT is built on top of the Certification Foundation program, which demonstrates that you have an understanding of global, elementary privacy concepts. To become CIPT-certified, you’ll need to pass both the Certification Foundation and CIPT exams.
The CIPT and Certification Foundation bodies of knowledge outline all the concepts and topics that you need to know to become certified. The exam blueprints give you an idea of how many questions from each topic area you can expect on the exam.
Bodies of Knowledge
Still have questions? Read the IAPP Certification Information Candidate Handbook to find out everything you ever wanted to know about IAPP certification.
Get started Now (Re-directs to global IAPP website).