Hear what the experts are saying about the latest privacy trends and issues.
iappANZ events and programs are an invaluable forum for engaging with peers, colleagues
and subject matter experts, advancing your skill levels, and gaining insight into the latest issues
from the perspective of industry leaders on privacy, security and data protection.
iappANZ Privacy Summit | Monday 17 November 2014 | SYDNEY
We are delighted to announce some of our key speakers for Privacy@Play, the 2014 annual iappANZ Privacy Summit.
The only event of its kind in the region, our Summit provides a forum for privacy professionals to connect and enhance their privacy practice. The Summit showcases best practices, tracks trends and offers guidance on opportunities in the field of privacy.
Privacy@Play will feature international and national speakers who address global privacy issues. There are streams including the Internet of Things, Crisis Management and Delete: the right to be forgotten. We are also introducing our inaugural Asia Pacific Thought Leadership panel session with voices from Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Malaysia and Australia.
This year's theme revolves around the evolution of privacy from a bolt on compliance issue into an integral part of business. We will be taking a deep dive into how earning the trust of consumers unlocks information that is the lifeblood of business.
- Timothy Pilgrim, Australian Privacy Commissioner
- Stephen Deadman, Global Chief Privacy Officer, Vodafone, UK
- Katrine Evans, Assistant Commissioner, Office of the Privacy Commissioner, New Zealand
- Hiroshi Miyashita, Associate Professor of Law, Chuo University, Tokyo
- Allan Chiang, Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong
- Dr Libby Morris, Primary Care, eHealth Lead, NHS, Scotland
- Dr Zainel Abidin Sait, Deputy Director General, Professional Data Protection, Malaysia
- Malcolm Crompton, former Australian Privacy Commissioner and holder of iappANZ 2012 Global Privacy Award
Panelists include representatives from:
- ACMA - Commissioner, Australian Communications and Medai Authority
- ADMA - Association for Data-driven Marketing & Advertising
- AGL Energy - Head of Metering Operations
- ARCA - Australian Retail Credit Association
- Johnson & Johnson - Chief Privacy Officer, Asia Pacific
- Telstra - Chief Privacy Officer
- Victorian Privacy Commission - Deputy Commissioner
- iappANZ Member - $595 plus GST, Non-member - $756 plus GST
- Special Early Bird rate : iappANZ Member - $545 plus GST, Non-member - $706 plus GST (Closes 3 October
- And non- members – iappANZ membership fee is deductible from the iappANZ Privacy Summit fee!
Information: please contact Emma Heath, GM iappANZ,
Knowledge Sharing and Networking Meetings
iappANZ holds quarterly meetings to provide a forum for members to meet regularly to share information and network with each other. The meetings are based around a presentation from a prominent speaker from government, a regulator, or a technology, academic or legal expert.
The objective of these meetings is to help members keep up to date with the rapidly changing environment that Privacy Professionals work in.It is also a fabulous opportunity to network and meet other privacy professionals in your city. From time to time, refreshments are provided by organisations who have offered to host these sessions.Members of iappANZ are welcome to bring interested guests to attend these meetings.
Digital Privacy Forum
Secure digital data by implementing and complying with Austrlaian policy reforms
When: 29 - 31 July, 2014
Where: Raddison Blu Hotel, Sydney
This 3 day program provides a platform to address legislative reforms, compliance and risk management. It also provides an opportunity to gain clarity on new regulations by hearing first hand from government representatives on key compliance issues to avoid privacy breaches.
- Mark Dreyfus, QC, MP, Shadow Attorney General
- John Pane, Regional Lead, Privacy + Data Protection, Asia Pacific, Johnson & Johnson
- Dr David Williams, Group Executive, CSIRO
- Emma Hossack, President, iappANZ, CEO of Extensia
Price details - here
Special 20% discount offered to iappANZ members by contacting Akolade on P: 02 9247 6000 and quoting VIP Code: WFXP1
Privacy Law Masterclass: Melbourne and Sydney
Understanding privacy reforms and managing operational and compliance challenges from Australia’s new privacy laws.
Compelling overview of the most relevant and important privacy law issues over just one day, the Privacy Law Masterclass will take you through everything you need to know to remain compliant and protect your organisation from financial and reputational costs.
- John Pane, Regional Lead, Privacy Compliance & Data Protection, Asia Pacific, Johnson & Johnson
- Michael Helmer, Director, Legal Services Asia Pacific, Symantec Corporation
- Olga Ganolplsky, General Counsel, Privacy and Data, Macquarie Group
- Richard Keirstead, Senior Manager, Information Security, Ernst & Young
- Roslyn Vadala, Corporate Counsel and Privacy Officer, Nestle Australia
- Sophie McMurray, Head of Compliance, National Quality and Risk, Deloitte
When: Thursday 28 August, 2014
Where: Adina Apartment Hotel, 189 Queen Street, MELBOURNE
10% discount for iappANZ members - quote VIP Code: MP-IAPP when registering to recieve the discount
Click here for prices
When: Friday 29 August, 2014
Where: Adina Apartment Harbourside, 55 Shelly Street, SYDNEY
10% discount for iappANZ members - quote VIP Code: MP-IAPP when registering
Click here for prices